Peter F. Granoff
- Boston Office
- 617-880-3561 617-692-3561 fax
Peter practices in the area of commercial real estate development with an emphasis on leasing, property management, condominium development, and construction contracting. He is a contributing author to Lease Drafting in Massachusetts (MCLE, Inc. 1996; rev. ed. 2001, Supp. 2005) and periodically speaks at various conferences on commercial leasing.
Peter is the former general counsel for a Massachusetts-based telecommunications firm and its Russian affiliate, developers of long distance satellite communications in the Russian Federation, where he frequently travelled, and a past member of the town of Sharon Conservation Commission. He is an avid cyclist and each year participates in the two-day Pan-Mass Challenge to raise funds for the Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston.
- Represented language instruction institute in national leasing program
- Represented owner in long term ground leasing of repositioned auto dealership site to national restaurant and entertainment firm
- Represented ownership in leasing and expansion rights with international pharmaceutical company in repositioned biotechnology park in Lexington, Massachusetts
- Represented ownership in repositioning and full lease up of Class A office building in Burlington, Massachusetts
- Acquisitions and leasing of office tower properties for overseas lender/investor groups in Boston, Massachusetts and other cities
- Represented purchaser of $52 million master retail unit of $141 million downtown office tower condominium conversion
- Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, April 2013 and May 2012 seminar, panelist – "Negotiating and Drafting Office and Retail Leases"
- Boston Bar Association/Real Estate Finance Committee, November 2010 panel, panelist and moderator – "What You Should Know About Financeable Leases"
- Real Estate Bar Association for Massachusetts, Spring Conference May 2010 seminar, panelist – "Should I Stay or Should I Go? – Ending the Landlord-Tenant Relationship in Troubled Times" co-presented with members of the REBA Leasing Committee
- National Retail Tenants Association, February 2009 webinar, panelist – "Your Landlord is Bankrupt – What Protection Do You Need?"
- New England Corporate Counsel Association, December 2008 seminar, panelist and moderator – "Commercial Real Estate Leasing: Landlord’s and Tenant’s Perspectives"
- Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, February 2008 seminar, panelist – "Negotiating Office Leases: Key Issues for Landlords and Tenants"
- Real Estate Bar Association for Massachusetts, Spring Conference May 2007 seminar, panelist – “Essentials of Subleases and Leases” co-presented with members of the REBA Leasing Committee
- American Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties
- Real Estate Bar Association for Massachusetts (Member – Leasing Committee)
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- Boston University School of Law, L.L.M. (Taxation), 1983
- Northeastern University School of Law, J.D., 1980
- Tufts University, B.A., magna cum laude, 1977
- Leningrad University, Program Certificate, 1975